“Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort”
The Computer Science and Engineering Department was formally established in the year 1990 and continued to exist as a `programme' from 1991 onwards. The Institute started the 4-year B.Tech course in Computer Science and Engineering with an intake of 30, and has now grown to 180,Post Graduate programme specialized in Computer Science & Engineering was started in the year 2011 with an intake of 18. The Ph.D. programme will be started soon.
The Programme was accredited by (National Board of Accreditation) NBA continuously for the fourth time under
The Department also offers an undergraduate programme in Information Technology with an yearly intake of 60 from 2018 onwards and offers an undergraduate programme in Artificial Intelligence & Data Science with an yearly intake of 60 from 2020 onwards and has now grown to 120(2021-2022).
The aim of the department is to provide high-quality education along with training in the state-of-the-art technologies.The department emphasizes on all the important aspects of computers and takes initiative to improve the soft skills, analytical capabilities and verbal communication of the students so that they can face the competition in the competeting world.
Many Students have consistently excelled in the highly competitive industrial environment and stood as the best employer in top-ranking companies(MNC’s). The success is the winning combination of a dedicated team of faculty members that thrives hard imparting a quality education, a well-planned curriculum and last but not the least, our students.
Strengths of the Department:
• Established APSSDC-CM's Skill excellence centre
• Established D-Link Academy
• Mou's with ICT Academy
• Digital Library resources are made available to acess for staff and students
• Digital recorded(videos) on various technical topics by IITs, NITs and various other eminent personalities is available in the library
• Spoken tutorial classes are included in the schedule to improve the students’ communication skills. It is mandatory that each student has to compulsorily take up the examination conducted by IIT, Bombay. On successful completion a digital certificate is issued
• Guest lectures/ workshops / conferences are conducted regularly.
• Industrial visits are encouraged.
• CSI student branch is organizing many programs to improve student communication and Employability skills
• Association activities are conducted every week to increase awareness regarding Curricular and extra-curricular activities.
• Curriculum is revised for interdisciplinary knowledge exploration.
• Department also involved in Consultancy works to several organizations
• The department is involving in several social activities in the nearby villages for the upliftment of students & villagers.
Internet Bandwidth Details:
|Balaji Broad Band 200Mbps 1:1 Leased Line|
||Campus is Wrapped With Wi-Fi Including Hostels, Staff Quarters etc.
|Head of the Department
|Dr. S. MaruthuPerumal
|Dr.C. Raveendra Reddy,Professor & H.O.D of Science & Humanities